Price breakdown of Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich!
Stop & Shop 100% whole wheat $2.00
Teddie Old Fashioned PB Super Chunky $2.69
1 Banana $0.49
Health Benefits of a Peanut Butter and _______Sandwich:
- One serving of peanut butter, or 2 tablespoons, contains about 3 grams of saturated fat & 12 grams of unsaturated fat (heart healthy fats)
- Unsaturated fats decrease LDL cholesterol (the ‘bad’ cholesterol)
- Contains fiber and potassium
- Unsalted contains a very low amount of sodium
- Bananas provide potassium, vitamin C, and fiber
- They are transportable & protected by skin
- To ripen bananas, refrigetate them
- Bananas can be picked even if they are still green
- For eating purposes, the more yellow a banana, the sweeter it will taste
- Figs are very low in fat and provide both insoluble and soluble fiber, potassium, calcium & iron.
- While fresh figs are not always in season, you can purchase dried figs throughout the year.
*The Boston Living Center Nutrition Department would like to thank Teddie Peanut Butter: http://teddie.com/ for their generous donation that was used during our peanut butter demo.